Delivery & Collection FAQ's
- Can I collect from the branch for free?
- How do you calculate delivery?
- What if I hire two items, is that two delivery charges?
- Do you do one way hires?
- What forms of identification do you take?
- How do I return an item to a branch?
- How do I request a pick up?
- Do I need to clean equipment before returning it?
Can I collect from the branch for free?
Absolutely, we’re expecting you to drive right in. Always check that your vehicle can fit the equipment by looking at the transport legend under the equipment you have selected online or ask on the phone if you have called in. You may also want to take a look at our trailers to fit in any of our larger equipment that you hire.
How do you calculate delivery?
Delivery is calculated based on the type of transport required to move your item. For example an item we can load onto a ute is cheaper than an item requiring a truck. For each transport category we have a set charge which applies ‘one-way’ inside a delivery distance. Distance is calculated from the delivery address to the nearest available branch.
We base our prices on a 25km range for metro areas and 50km for regional areas and specialist branches. Anything outside of these ranges requires confirmation with us.
What if I hire two items, is that two delivery charges?
We’ll always try and get your items onto one vehicle and therefore only one charge. However at times we may need more than one vehicle to deliver your items safely, so the number of deliveries required determines the number of charges.
For online bookings, we don’t always know how many vehicles are required, we assume only one, however when multiple items are ordered we may need to revise the charge. Don’t worry, we’ll always contact you beforehand.
Do you do one way hires?
You can return some equipment to another Kennards Hire branch within the same city as your hiring branch. This incurs a relocation fee which is available on application and is NOT available for vehicles and trailers. We do have weekly and long term rates on vehicles and trailers for those longer trips if you're planning to return to your hiring branch or area.Back to Top
What forms of identification do you take?
The majority of hire’s are completed with a driver’s license and credit card, although we do have other options to make things as easy as possible. Identification is just to make sure our equipment is in safe hands. If you are unsure about your identification documents then please call your local branch to discuss.
2 forms of identification are required.
Primary (photo) Identification
- Driver’s license
- Government issued proof of age card or identity card
- National passport of any nation.
- Credit Card
- Debit Card
- Government issued card or license (eg medicare card, pensioner card, boating license etc)
- Government issued document (eg birth certificate, citizenship certificate etc)
- A legally issued document (eg utility bill, bank statement, council rates etc)
- One form of identification must have a current address eg utility bill (gas, water, electricity) or bank statements are acceptable if using a Passport
- All identification must be in the same name and match the person signing for the hire
- A current Driver’s Licence must be provided for ANY trailer or vehicle hire (including Mobile Hydraulic Platforms, Air Compressors, etc.) and applies to account customers as well
- All identification must be current at the time of hire
- All identification must be issued in Australia or New Zealand unless otherwise stated
How do I return an item to a branch?
Simply drive into the yard with our equipment, head to the area signed ‘returns’ and our team should be there to meet you. If we’re busy, come into the office and we’ll start the process from there. We’ll give you a hand taking the gear out of your vehicle and popping it aside, and then take you inside to finalise the contract.
How do I request a pick up?
It’s easy, give us a call and request a pick-up. It’s important to obtain a valid ‘customer pickup number’ so we don’t continue to bill you. Our vehicle will then be out to collect the equipment, usually the same day.
Please ensure there is a safe area where our driver can load our equipment and complete the paperwork. If any dismantling is required, ensure the equipment is dismantled and ready for pickup, otherwise the hire (and hire charge) will continue.
Our drivers are pretty busy, and it really helps when you’ve got everything ready for them to transport.
Do I need to clean equipment before returning it?
There's usually no need for you to clean our equipment prior to the hire period ending as we can take care of it back at our branches. However, our special equipment may incur a cleaning fee. You'll be advised based on the hire if this is necessary. If you’re unsure, ask us!