WIN INSTANTLY with Kennards Hire Rally Australia promotion 2017 TERMS AND CONDITIONS
is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions of Entry.
1. The Promoter is Kennards Hire (ABN 69 001 740 727) of: Unit 1, Building 1, 22 Powers Rd, Seven Hills, NSW,
2. Entry is only open to residents of Australia. Entrants under 18 years old must have parental/guardian approval to
enter and further, the parent/guardian of the entrant must read and consent to these Terms and Conditions.
Parents/guardians may be required by the Promoter to enter into a further agreement as evidence of consent to the
minor entering this promotion.
3. Employees of the Promoter and its agencies associated with this promotion and the immediate families of these
people are ineligible. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or
step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece,
nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or first cousin.
4. The promotion will commence at 12:01am (AEDST) Thursday 16th November and conclude at 5pm (AEDST)
Sunday 19th November and is open only to persons in attendance at the 2017 Kennards Hire Rally Australia Event,
held in Coffs Harbour, NSW.
5. To enter, individuals must:
(a) SMS their Full Name, Email Address and Postcode and (in that order with a space between each item and
no commas) to 0488 211 211 throughout the promotional period or;
(b) Enter via the iPads provided at the Kennards Hire Marquee located at the Super Special Stage
Merchandise Park on Saturday 18th or Sunday 19th November. iPad entrants will be required to submit their
Full Name, Email Address, Postcode and Phone Number for their entry to be deemed valid.
(c) Standard SMS rates apply. All entrants will receive an SMS auto reply message confirming the receipt of
their entry and confirmation of their instant win prize, subject to verification and any requirements under
these Terms and Conditions. SMS entries via the Internet are ineligible. Service provider: SL Interactive Pty
(d) Instant Winners who enter via the IPads will be notified onscreen at the time of submission.
6. Prizes will be awarded to entrants randomly using approved software managed by SL Interactive Pty Ltd.
7. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to
determine the identity of the entrant.
8. Only one entry permitted per unique mobile number, per day.
9. All winners must redeem their prize prior to 5pm on Sunday 19th November at the Prize Redemption desk located
at the Kennards Hire Marquee at the Rally Australia event. SMS winners must present their winning SMS
notification to representatives of the promotor to claim their prize.
10. There are 4,480 instant win prizes to be given away.
11. There is no Major Prize Draw, or unclaimed prize draw
12. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
13. Instant Win Prizes consist of:
• Four Hundred and Eighty (480) Kennards Hire Cooler Sets (RRP $8.55 each), valued at $4,104 in total
• Three Thousand Five Hundred (3,500) Kennards Hire Trucker Caps (RRP $4.15 each) valued at $14,525 in
• Five Hundred (500) Kennards Hire Tradie Radios (RRP $8.00 each) valued at $4,000 in total
14. If for any reason a winner does not take a prize or an element of the prize by the time stipulated by the Promoter,
then the prize or that element of the prize will be forfeited and will not be redeemable for cash.
15. Total prize pool is up to $22,629 (Inc. GST)
16. In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate,
modify or suspend the promotion or suspend or modify a prize, subject to any written directions from a relevant
17. If for any reason a winner does not take/redeem a prize or an element of the prize by the time stipulated by the
Promoter, then the prize or that element of the prize will be forfeited and will not be redeemable for cash.
18. If any prize (or part of any prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the
prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions
from a regulatory authority.
19. Prizes are not transferable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash or other prizes. Prize values provided are the
recommended retail values as provided by the suppliers and are correct at time of printing. The Promoter accepts
no responsibility for any variation in a prize value.
20. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to
any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties,
unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent
permitted by law (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to
modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
21. The Promoter reserves the right, at anytime during, or after the closing date of the promotion, to verify the validity of
entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who
tampers with the entry process or who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions
of Entry or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct
of the promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure of the Promoter to
enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter's legal rights to
recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
22. Incomplete, indecipherable or illegible entries will be deemed invalid.
23. No responsibility accepted for late, lost or misdirected entries. Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed
invalid. All entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt to the Promoter and NOT time of transmission
by the entrant.
24. Entrants must ensure that all care is taken when sending SMS messages for this promotion and completing the
online entry form. It is the SMS entrant’s responsibility to ensure that they SMS the correct number. The Promoter
will not be liable for costs incurred, responses received or any other consequences of user error.
25. The Promoter reserves the right to request winners to provide proof of age, identity and residency at the nominated
prize delivery address. Identification considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter.
26. If a winner of any prize is under the age of 18 years, the prize will be awarded to the winner's nominated parent or
guardian on the winner’s behalf.
27. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanism or electronic means that allows an entrant to
automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that entrant invalid. The
Promoter may, in its sole discretion, disqualify all entries from, and prohibit further participation in this competition
by, any person who tampers with or benefits from any tampering with the entry process or with the operation of the
competition or acts in violation of these conditions, acts in a disruptive manner or acts with the intent to annoy,
abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
28. Quality control errors will not invalidate an otherwise valid prize claim. Unless otherwise due to fraud or ineligibility
under these Terms and Conditions of Entry or if the number of entries received is less than the number of prizes
available, all prize claims in excess of the advertised prize pool will be honoured. Any instant win prizes that are
part of the advertised total prize pool will be awarded in the applicable unclaimed prize draw.
29. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from the prize winnings. Independent
financial advice should be sought.
30. Entrants, and their parents/legal guardians (if under the age of 18), consent to the Promoter and their partners,
using the entrant's name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film
and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of
promoting this competition (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or
supplied by the Promoter.
31. The Promoter collects personal information ("PI") in order to conduct the promotion and may, for this purpose,
disclose such PI to third parties, including but not limited to agents, contractors, service providers, prize suppliers
and, as required, to Australian regulatory authorities. Entry is conditional on providing this PI. The Promoter will
period, unless otherwise advised, use the PI for promotional, marketing, publicity, research and profiling purposes,
about how entrants may opt out, access, update or correct their PI, how entrants may complain about a breach of
the Australian privacy laws or any other applicable law and how those complaints will be dealt with. All entries
become the property of the Promoter. The Promoter will not disclose entrant’s personal information to any entity
outside of Australia.
32. If for any reason this promotion is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus,
bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the
Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this
promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the
33. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions of Entry limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify
the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other
implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia
(“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the NonExcludable
Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability
(including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct,
indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
34. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter
(including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including
negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect,
special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether
or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or
prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter)
due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in
these Terms and Conditions of Entry; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) use of a prize and/or
attendance at/participation in a prize event.
35. Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the
Internet service provider used.
36. Authorised under NSW Permit LTPS/17/19459