KENNARDS HIRE HELPS MAKE VIVID SYDNEY 2019 SHINEDNSW AUG 2019
After collaborating in 2018, Kennards Hire partnered with Destination NSW again to play an even bigger role at Vivid Sydney 2019.
Vivid Sydney is the largest festival of light, music and ideas in the Southern Hemisphere, and it’s a major boost for the NSW economy.
Over 23 nights from May 24 to June 15, Sydney transformed into a dazzling city of light as installations and projections illuminated the Sydney Opera House, Circular Quay, The Rocks, The Royal Botanic Garden, Darling Harbour, Chatswood, Barangaroo and Taronga Zoo.
We were very proud and excited to be part of staging this event, drawing on our experience to provide equipment, site infrastructure and crews to keep everything running smoothly.
Much More than Just Event Hire
This was our second year with Vivid Sydney and we were there every step of the way, from inception to planning, implementation and deconstruction. We attended weekly meetings with stakeholders, working closely with the team at Destination NSW, as well as police and traffic authorities to design tailored systems that would keep huge crowds moving safely between the nine precincts featured in the festival program.
Our staff were on site each night of the festival to ensure that bollards, security fences, barriers and message boards provided clear directions to visitors and everything worked smoothly.
When it was time to return the streets to normal for the morning commute, our team was on hand to break everything down.
Infrastructure, Equipment and Crews on the Ground
Our role at Vivid Sydney included:
- Building and servicing site offices and ablution blocks for the on-ground operations teams.
- Deploying 14 new high definition VMS boards, and working with Destination NSW’s video equipment provider TDC, to deliver 14 individual data streams of live messaging for visitor wayfinding in Circular Quay.
- Tracking, monitoring and reporting on our own equipment, as well as managing Destination NSW’s radio network sign-in and out, and record keeping.
- Providing traffic solutions for road closures and people to install and remove the equipment each night.
- Installing kilometres of infrastructure to help keep the public safe as they experienced the magic of the 4km Vivid Light Walk.
Vivid Sydney is an unmissable experience for millions of visitors from all over the world, and we look forward to working closely with Destination NSW again in the future.
Proving Support for all types of Major Events
Kennards Hire provides logistical support for some of Australia’s biggest events, including Vivid Sydney, Rally Australia, and Sydney’s New Year’s Eve.
With decades of experience and expertise to draw from, we like to partner closely with, and listen carefully to our customers to understand what they need to make their event successful.
With over 180 branches in Australia and New Zealand, we’re able to pull in equipment and people as needed for any event or project, quickly and efficiently. Though we’ve grown, at heart we’ve retained the company and family values that make Kennards Hire one of the most trusted names in equipment hire.
REQUEST A CALL BACK OR QUOTE
DO YOU HAVE A JOB LIKE THIS?
If you've got a challenging project, contact us for a quote or discussion. Our expert branches like Pump & Power have the expertise to make it happen.